Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You Nasty, Cheaper Teacher!

An open letter to Brand New Cheaper Teachers:

You Nasty.

You will spend all day chasing around after dirty little children with nasty little germs.  They will sneeze, cough, drool and cry on you (well, maybe not drool and cry if you teach anything older than 3rd grade, but my kids do).  They're little snot machines.  They put everything in their mouths.  You will--I repeat, WILL--pick up more colds and flus and germs than you ever did before.  Kids are germ factories.

Fortunately, there are things you can do.  Stock up on Airborne.  They often give away samples, but they're re-doing their website.  You'll have to wait a while (I'll repost when they are offering again), but it bears mentioning.

Fortunately, Emergen-C is always offering up FREE samples, and you get FREE additional offers in your e-mail if you register with them.  Every time they have a special, promo or new flavor you can get a sample.

Emergen-C is pretty good.  I prefer AirBorne, but Emergen-C is better for all times.  I really only use AirBorne if I feel like I'm getting sick, but I'll drink down an Emergen-C as soon as I hear the coughing and sneezing start.

You can also send a free sample of Emergen-C to a friend through this site (maybe to a friend who doesn't like it so they'll give it back?), so you can hook up your fellow Cheaper Teachers.  And don't forget to tell them who sent you, you hear?

And now, this bit is not for the easily squeamish... but if you work in an Elementary school, I'm sorry to break it to you, you will probably get lice.  There are ways to discourage them from coming to your hair.  They prefer clean, untreated hair, so those who color, straighten, relax or perm (do people still perm?) their hair are a little more resistant, as are people who wash every-other-day and people who use a lot of hair products.  I color my hair, but I don't use a lot of product and my hair is straight and fine so I have to wash it every day.  And yes, I've gotten lice from students.  Gross!!!

Lice-Off is a product designed to discourage the little buggers from wanting to get in your hair; that is to say, this is what you want to buy before you find yourself needing to buy Rid-X or Nix or any of the other nasty smelling lice shampoo kits.  This can also be used to treat lice if you have to and is all-natural.  I've never used this product before, but I sent away for the freebie in the hope that this stuff works.  Lice Shampoo is expensive, having lice (even just nits) is nasty, and I'll feel way better about myself if I can prevent them instead of just treating them.  That said, if this wasn't a FREE sample I probably never would've tried it, because if I'm dealing with bugs in my hair, I want some serious poison.

So, my New Cheaper Teachers (and Old Friends), I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but be ready to be attacked by all sorts of grossies as you embark upon your teaching career.  I've been told your immune system with strengthen after a few years of exposure to the young'uns, but for now, I hope these freebies help you keep your nasty self taken care of.

Love from
Cheaper Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment