Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why be a Cheaper Teacher?

I love teaching.  And I love saving money.  And I really love getting things for free.

Then ask me, why have I spent the past 2 years of my teaching career spending between $800 - $1,000 a year on my classroom?

Oh sure, I get discounts... when I find them.  But I also pay out of pocket for a lot of things that are either full price or on sale, but not at that great of a price.  Sometimes I'll forget I need a supply (or supplies) and rush out to buy them the day before a project, which prevents me from getting things on sale.

Recently, I began frequenting Savings and Freebies blogs and sending away for all sorts of stuff.  A few of those things were even things that I felt I could use in my classroom!  Which got me wondering... are there any teacher-specific savings sites?  I did a google search and, while I found a few sites, nothing that was nearly as comprehensive as the savings and freebies sites I had been looking at.

Now, I don't love blogging, but I also know that I will probably lose any paper I jot down my freebies and savings sites onto, which will keep me from remembering them year-to-year.  So why not put everything all out there on the internet, share it with other teachers and get some karmic points in the deal?  :-)

And so.... on with the postings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment