Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gift Registries - not just for Marrieds and Mommies anymore!

I'm always jealous of my friends when they do wedding or shower registries.  I want to shop for free, too!

Now I can, with www.supplyourschools.com, which is basically a donation site that works like a gift registry.  I look through their stockpiles (almost everything is really basic stuff like markers, glue, notebooks, etc) and give an expiration date (I chose June 30, 2010 so it's active all school year) and then... that's it!

I don't know if the donors know much about this site, but for the 20 minutes it took to register and create a registry, it's worth a try.  Best part is that unlike Donors Choose, Supply Our Schools will fund in part.  Like a registry, if a donor wants to buy me three notebooks--but nothing else in my hundreds of dollars registry--that's A-OK.  I'll still get my stuff.

The site is pretty low-budget so I couldn't get a good picture of their logo.  I'll update if I'm able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment