Sunday, August 23, 2009

Office Max Back to School for Pennies Deals week of 8/23 - 8/30

I am having trouble viewing the Office Max weekly ad for my area, but they did update their Back-to-School for Pennies section to give some decent offers.  As you can see, Office Max is currently running the same penny folders deal that Staples is running; however, Office Max limits 6 per purchase while Staples' limit is 20 for regular people and 25 for teachers.  That said, if you ask the manager nicely they might be willing to give you some overrides.  I'm not sure if Office Max extends their limits for teachers, but Office Depot was so helpful when I was there yesterday that I would not be surprised if they did.
Looseleaf paper is also on sale--$0.20 for a pack--but I can usually get that from my administration so I'm not going to be buying it.  I stocked up on scissors the past two years at Staples, but the $0.20 for a 2-pack of scissors is a great deal.  The best deal in my opinion is the $1 Post-It cube.  Post-Its are almost NEVER on sale, and this is a good deal.  If you could find a $1/1 or $0.50/1 coupon, you could get these for FREE or Almost Free!
By navigating away from the main page of Penny Deals, I found two offers that, while not "for pennies" are still enough to make me want to swing by an Office Max this week:
I have seen almost no good sales on Elmer's White Glue.  Glue stick sales are everywhere (and I got some at Office Depot yesterday) but white glue is my class's glue of choice.  While not an amazing offer, Office Max's B2G1 Elmer's Glue sale is decent if you can find a coupon.  If I find any, I'll make sure to post.  It's really frustrating that glue is so hard to come by this summer!

But the offer I'm really excited about this week is on the same level as the half-off Expo Markers at Office Depot yesterday that got me so pumped up..... Half-Off Mr. Sketch Markers!  Yahoo!!!  The 18-pack was pictured, and these usually cost around $14, so to get them for around $7 is truly exciting.  These are my preferred chart markers.  The kids aren't allowed to touch them (they get Crayola, which I find bleed on charts and smudge with my left-handedness).  Mr. Sketch have a crisp line, don't bleed and take longer to fade when you hang your charts than other markers tend to.  They smudge much less with my left-handedness (if I'm cautious, they don't smudge at all!) and the colors are really vibrant.  I use these every day all year long and they're a huge expense.  So guess what I'll be stocking up on this week?
Next post will be a rant about my terrible experience at Staples this afternoon.  I'm so mad at them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment