Thursday, August 20, 2009

Barnes and Noble Educator Discounts

It's easy to sign up for the Barnes and Noble Teacher Rewards program.  Here are the basic steps:

(1)  Go to the a nearby Barnes and Noble.  Bring either your union card, department of education ID or two recent pay stubs.  Also bring a photo ID (whatever you usually carry).

(2)  Hand over these materials and say you want an Educator's Rewards card.

(3)  Receive card!

(4)  Shop with a 20% discount on most items (some get 15%).  Magazines, stationary and some other items don't get the discount.  Technically everything you buy on this discount card should be used in your classroom... but if you buy a few books for yourself and pretend, I won't tell anyone.

I've been using my Barnes and Noble Educator Rewards card since I started teaching, and I save a lot of money using it, both for business and pleasure.  But I just found out that you can also use your Educator's Discount card at BarnesandNoble.com!  Here are the basic steps:

(1)  Make sure you already have an Educator's Rewards card.

(2)  Go to the Barnes and Noble Educators' Website.

(3)  Create an account linked to your email address and punch in your Membership Number in the appropriate box.

(4)  Orders may be screened to make sure you're buying classroom appropriate materials.

I realize that I'll save a lot of money ordering books for the classroom on B&N using this discount; I used to order online from Amazon, but I'm upgrading.  As far as I know, Amazon doesn't offer teacher-specific discounts (though I'ma go google that and see!)

No comments:

Post a Comment