Saturday, August 22, 2009

What I did for Teacher Appreciation Day




Check out what I scored for Teacher Appreciation Day!  You can't see everything in the picture, so of course I'm willing to give a breakdown of the scene (which, for the record, took forever to set up, so I hope you appreciate it!)  

*OD indicates Office Depot free gift for TA Day

*S indicates Staples free gift for TA day (I went to 2 different Staples, so I got doubles of everything)

$OD indicates that I purchased the item at Office Depot.

From left corner, moving down:
Two purple milk crates $OD
4 packs of Ricola Minis $OD
10 "Very Useful" small storage cubes w/ tops (5 packs) $OD
2 Plastic Pencil Boxes *S
5 Steno Pads *S 2 eco-friendly 2-packs / *OD 1 single
Fold Out Ruler *OD
2 Boxes of 12 pencils *S
2 Herbal Essences conditioner samples $OD (hey, they were a quarter each, I couldn't resist!!!)
2 packs 50-ct Push Pins *S
2 packs 100-ct vinyl-coated paperclips *S
Post-It Note dispenser *OD
5 packs of 3M Poster Stickies 4 packs *S / 1 pack *OD

From just left of center, heading down:
2 Staples Tote Bags *S
Sight Words Bingo $OD
Money Tray $OD
4 larger-sized (7 l) Very Useful Containers with lids (2 blue, 2 clear) $OD
5 packs of 4-ct glue sticks $OD
6 packs of 12-ct pencil top erasers technically $OD, except they were FREE.
2 Chapsticks

Center, foreground of photo:
3 packs Expo Dry Erase Markers (2 10-ct with whiteboard eraser / 1 16-ct) $OD
2 highlighters, 2 pencils, 1 pilot Varsity fountain pen, 1 Expo marker, 2 mini-mechanical pencils with squishy grip things *S highlighers and mechanical pencils w/ grippys / *OD pencils, Expo marker and Varsity Pen.
2 folders paper folder *S / plastic folder *OD
DVD-R *OD

From far right, heading down:
Office Depot Tote *OD
White Sentence Strips $OD
Multicolored Sentence Strips $OD

--------------------------
Aaaannndddd for the totals!  Drumroll please:

All Office Depot purchases cost me $79.00 out of pocket.  I got two coupons while I was there (one Register Reward and one tear-off as part of TA day) for $10 off future orders.  If I apply those savings now (as theoretical, since they function like cash-back) I spent $59.00.

Going over my Office Depot receipts, if I had bought this merchandise at full-price without my teacher's discount, I'd have spent $185!  That means that I SAVED $126!!!  If I estimate the costs of the free merchandise from both Staples and Office Depot, I probably saved closer to $150!

Future posts will detail my experiences at both Teacher Appreciation Days (and the Old Navy T-Shirt sale!) and give a little bit more information about where my biggest savings were and what the best (and worst!) parts of each day were.



No comments:

Post a Comment