Friday, September 4, 2009

More Leapfrog TAG Amazingness


Holy Almost-Free Leapfrogs, Cheaper Teacher!

Remember when I showed you that Leapfrog TAG Reading Systems were on sale at Target for $25.00 (down from $50), and with a $10.00 off coupon, you could get the system for $15?  And how I ran out and got 2 to create a center in my classroom?

Well, the price on the TAG System at Target is down again - this time to $12.48!  With the coupon, that brings the cost down to just $2.48, which is an incredible savings from the $50 original price.

Couple this with the K-Mart sale I told you about earlier in the week on books for the TAG System, which can get the books (retail $12-15) for $1.80 by using a coupon and shopping the clearance section, and you've got one sweet deal.  How sweet?

Imagine you want to create a center where 4 children can work at the same time.  You want to give each child a selection of 3 books and have pre-programmed the books into the TAG pens.  4 pens X $2.50 each = $10.  Each TAG comes with one free book, so you'll need to buy 8 books (either duplicate titles or different titles: if you buy different titles, each child could have up to 9 choices but if you buy multiple copies of the same title you avoid fights).  8 books X $2 each = $16.  Total cost = $26.00 plus tax (in NY, that would come up to $28), which is roughly $8-10 LESS than I paid for my two TAG systems when I bought them the first time!!!

While Target does not offer price adjustments, I have this plan worked out for getting some money back on my Leapfrog systems I bought just recently:

:::Go to Target and bring my receipt for the LeapFrog TAGs I bought recently at $15.00.  Also bring two $10-off coupons for the TAG system.  Do not bring the old TAGs with me.
:::Go directly to the toy aisle and check for the TAG at 12.50 clearance price.  If they have it, buy FOUR.
:::Get on line and pay $10 for the TAG systems.
:::Leave the store.  Put 2 TAGs in my car or ask a friend to hold them (if I'm not in the car).  Return with the 2 new TAGs and my old receipt.
:::Return 2 of the TAG Systems and receive a $30 refund.  
:::Since I spent $10 on the 4 new TAGs, I have gotten 2 free TAGs and $20 back at the new price.
:::Go to K-Mart and spend the $20 back on TAG books.
:::Create TAG Center!

Have fun!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment